As a global and fast expanding business, our company is looking for an experienced Process Safety Engineer / Consultant to provide expert consultancy advice to blue chip clients on understanding, reducing and/or mitigating the risks of fires and explosions in the process industry. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake consulting work world-wide, although primarily in the UK and Europe, and deliver practical and cost-effective solutions to technical safety challenges. Detailed knowledge of DSEAR/ATEX Assessments, Electrostatic hazards, HAZOP, COMAH, SIL, LOPA, QRA, PSM, is essential. They will be expected to lead and mentor a team of Process Safety Consultants in a busy operational environment providing peer review and guidance.
The successful candidate will proactively work with clients on the end-to-end process of identifying, scoping, reporting, follow-up and auditing of safety projects. Agreeing and delivering within critical client deadlines and be a capable, and effective advocate of process safety. With 8+ years’ experience of commercial process engineering and relevant safety experience, the applicant should have a good understanding of regulatory and legislation compliance for safety in the process industries and be aware of changes and updates emanating from national government and the EU. They will be expected to become the primary process safety contact for their clients and partner with them to provide expert advice and guidance on process safety.
- Undertake Process Safety Consultancy and Training
- Support and Partner with key clients to develop safety projects.
- Lead and mentor a team of process safety professionals
- Peer review and critique Consultancy Reports
- Technical scoping of projects for clients and our Business Development team.
- Experience process safety expert ideally; Graduate / Postgraduate in Chemical Engineering, Experience in Process Safety Consultancy
- Excellent communications skills
- Good IT proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Use to working to tight deadlines and delivering on time.
- Candidates must be authorised to live and work in the EU
- Full clean UK driving license?
- Candidates must live or be prepared to relocate (at their own expense), to within commuting distance of Winchester, UK
Next step: CV to email@example.com (Quote LPSS-UK in the subject field)
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Position: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Winchester, UK
Why work for Sigma-HSE
- Competitive Senior Salary
- Company Car and Benefits
- Unique Opportunity to Work with Top Safety Experts
Get in Touch
If you'd like to speak to us about this role, please get in touch - We'd love to hear from you.